The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Filter To Include A Space

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by johnjinsf, Apr 30, 2014.

1. johnjinsf

johnjinsf Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Some time back I was getting emails coming through with "bad" urls in the body which ended in .me and so I set up a filter to reject those emails which contained .me in the body.

I have been examining my email trace and have found that emails from a friend are being rejected because they match the filter I had set up.

I had him send me a new email with the rejected email as an attachment and discovered that the email which had been rejected contained an email address in the body which was AOL.memberservices and so they were being rejected by the filter I had created.

I deleted the filter and asked my friend to re-send the email and it came through OK.

Is there a way to set up a filter to match on a blank character - ie "space" - so instead of matching to .me it matches to .me(Space) - that way AOL.memberservices would be accepted since there is not a space after the .me?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The following is an older thread, but it should still be helpful:

Filter Rules to block domain tld

Replace ".cn" with ".me" in the examples they reference, and use them in the account level filtering area of cPanel.

Thank you.

3. johnjinsf

johnjinsf Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Many thanks for your reply - much appreciated. I'll do some testing from your post.

After my original post I created a quick but temporary fix by adding a new filter that rejects an email if the Body contains .me AND DOES NOT contain .mem

This filter solves my immediate problem, but would not take care of an email which contained .melbourne in the body.

Thanks again