The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account for default sitename.com?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ugasucks, Jul 18, 2006.

1. ugasucks

ugasucks Registered

I have configured a new server such that it has an active website, SITENAME.com, and that the hostname is lolo.SITENAME.com. Furthermore, I have successfully configured the nameservers for the server to be ns1.SITENAME.com, and ns2.SITENAME.com.

I can now go to SITENAME.com and receive the default cPanel "no site here" page. Now what I need to do is upload the website to this account, and configure its mailboxes. How do I do this? When I try to to add an account for SITENAME.com it tells me that there is already a DNS record for SITENAME.

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

2. ugasucks

ugasucks Registered

Thanks

thanks, chirpy.

i actually solved the problem another way-- i deleted DNS zones for everything except my hostname entry (lolo.SITENAME.com), then i added the account for SITENAME.com. i then went back and re-added the A records for my nameservers and it all worked.

i've been an ensim user for a long time, and i must say that this 'quirk' is a bit annoying, but i've been very pleased with the other aspects of WHM and cPanel.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That's a quirk of how cPanel works. You should note the records you have in the zone and then remove it. Create the cPanel account, then edit the newly created zone file and add back in your additional A records.