The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

account issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by x2o, Mar 19, 2007.

1. x2o

x2o Member

Hi I deleted an account but it's still listed here /var/cpanel/users/sow

I'm still a little new with ssh so how can I get ride of this from the systems memory?

Kind Regards
    x2o

2. x2o

x2o Member

Also I'm having a dns issue I've moved my accounts to a new vps server and I've started moving them one by one to try to cut out downtime.

I have checked the ns names and they say they are pointing at the new account and when I come to delete the old account off the old server they just point to cpanel installed page on the old server these accounts have had around 12 / 24 hours to move over.

Regards
    x2o

3. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We ran into a problem when an account was not added properly and when we deleted it the username still existed. We manually deleted the username but then the MySQL files were still there. We manually dropped those. It was a nightmare, we finally got it restored but there were still errors, the second time we removed it via WHM it removed it all, then when we re-copied it, it finally worked.

As for the DNS, check it with http://dnsreport.com if it is showing the new IP then it is your ISP's cache. It would depend on the expire times in your DNS records, could be up to 72 hours. If you have errors then you might have something else going on.

4. x2o

x2o Member

The dns issue has been fixed now thanks for the reply.

I may just leave the account their it's not taking any room up as I've emptied it out but still cannot delete the main folder lol.

I will just have to remember the next time I move it is their.:p

Thanks for your help
    kind regards
    x2o:cool: