The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Level filtering duplicating emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jprealini, Dec 17, 2015.

1. jprealini

jprealini Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi... I have a strange issue here. I am using cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1) on php 5.3

The issue is as follows. I created several account level filters. All of them redirect emails from local accounts to external accounts (gmail). They are all very simple and similar

if ANY HEADER contains [local_address]
    then REDIRECT EMAIL to [gmail_address]

the only one different is "admin" which instead of redirecting the email, it copies it to the local account folder "/domain.com/admin"

So the case with this "admin" account is that the forwarder seems to work ok if you send an email to "admin" alone... but when you include "admin" among other accounts in the TO field or CC field (or simpler, if you send the email to several different accounts, including "admin") then "admin" will receive as many copies of the email as recepients the email has.

I tried to test the filter with the "Filter test" tool... and it seems to be doing what is expected...

And it's not an "Outlook" issue... I checked the inbox in webmail, and the emails are being delivered duplicated (or triplicated, or cuadruplicated) directly to the inbox.

What could be causing this? I already tried cleaning up all the filters and creating them again, with no luck...

Thanks

2. jprealini

jprealini Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Well... playing around and through trial-and-error I found what was causing the behaviour (not sure what the logic behind it is, but I found it).
    I don't know why I set up the "admin" rule to copy the email to the folder instead of redirecting it again to the account itself, but I tried changing that, just to test. Instead of copying the email to the local folder, I redirected it, and voilá... problem gone...
    Now... anyone can tell me why this setup caused the issue I described??

Thanks

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you let us know the exact filter rule you implemented, and what you changed it to? You can post a screenshot of the interface if necessary.

Thank you.