The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Level Filtering

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by BGZ0, Sep 7, 2007.

1. BGZ0

BGZ0 Registered

Hi all, may i call on anyone that can assist me with account level filtering, to be more specifc, the setup and testing of the account level filtering.I am running cPanle v11.11, the setupof the filters seems very straight forward but for some reason i cant seem to get the test filter to give me a positive on an installed filter i have setup. Its nothing major complicated, all i have done is specfy that if the spam bar contains 5x "+" then i would like that email to be forwarded to a specific directory. I have copied and pasted an email with full header into the test filter window, knowing that it has a spam score of 10, but i cnt seem to get a positive result from the test and all it tells me is that the mail would be delivered as normal .... can someone please hive a much appreciated helping hand ?

2. DomineauX

DomineauX Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I too am seeing signs that the vfilter is not being applied although the examples in this case are to forwarder addresses so it may just be that the vfilters aren't applied on forwarded addresses at this time.

Server is:

WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.11.0-R16983
    CENTOS Enterprise 4.5 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

3. intheusa

intheusa Member

post examples

There are some issues with regex characters plus sign, dollar sign, and period, but may be more. I set up a filter in the BODY, CONTENTS, and REDIRECT to another mailbox.

The content was $0.

But had to use \\$0\\.

Since $ and . are regex characters, even though this is not a regex match.

Works, but may change with revisions.

Another bug is a regex match on

(?i)(v....a|p..is)

When I use this I can't edit the rule, yet it works. Only way to change it is delete it.

4. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you putting your regex in quotes by chance? I believe PCRE requires any non-word chars within quotes to be escaped. Just a quick guess...