The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Migration Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JeanGenie, Apr 30, 2008.

1. JeanGenie

JeanGenie Member

Hi again

I promise you will be well fed up with me soon.......

My question is a weird one but maybe someone will have the answer. A customer of mine, a master account holder tried to import from another server his account details to my server. I noticed that this new migrated account had master reseller privs though I didnt set it as that. He claims that when he imported the account it it just did it... it just auto upgraded him....but also allocated him all the globals including root, which is where I think this all comes from. I dont think it can but am I wrong as I have his account on suspension whilst I try to get to the bottem of this....

Any help yet again woul dbe appreciated, and the first round is on me......

JG

2. 2fast

2fast Member

When you import a account of course its going to take all the permissions with it, It has to or things just wouldnt work.

the only thing i could suggest is to create a new package and downgrade his account.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yep, when moving an account you'll need to go over perms, owner and other things to make sure its setup correctly.

Reseller accounts settings should also be gone over to make sure they can only do what root allows them to do. (see reseller center)