The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account modification !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by atul, May 24, 2004.

1. atul

atul Well-Known Member

Hello All,
    I have created the new account abc.com on server.Now,What I want is tranfer the whole data incluing the database of xyz.com on the same server to abc.com.
    So I want to try the domain modification facility in WHM,in which we can modify the domain in theme etc.
    What I want to do is that I wan to replace the name of xyz.com (old) with the new one abc,com.I will change the name of domiain,so that whole thing will be transferred to new one automatically!!!
    Is this facility works perfeactly without error?Dose this tranfers whole data from old to new domain (database??)?
    There is also one more twist to problem.The domain xyz.com which I want to transfer is not pointing to the server.I mean the site isn't opening.When tried to check it's DNS report then I found the message host not found with name server's pointing to that of server's name server.
    If this is the case then will this method of domain transfer work?OR that facility works with working domins on server and not with expired domains?
    Help needed??