The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account not shown in "List Accounts"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gvard, Dec 29, 2005.

1. gvard

gvard Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Greetings from Greece,

I've a strange problem. A client with the domain xxx.gr called me and told me that the domain didn't resolve in the Internet. I saw in WHM that the account existed so I looked in /var/named to see if there was anything strange. The file xxx.gr.db was 1.5MB and it had inside all the dns records in the server, in one file. I went in WHM and clicked in "Delete DNS zone -> xxx.gr", the zone was cleared but after that the domain doesn't show up in WHM -> list accounts!

I saw that the httpd.conf had all the proper configuration and I tried to restore a previous backup to see if the problem got resolved. The system stated that the username already existed and didn't do anything.

I added manually through WHM->Add DNS zone the domain xxx.gr with corresponding IP 1.2.3.4 (the main shared IP). The site seems to be fine, but I still can't see the domain xxx.gr in the "List accounts" section! I can login to the user's control panel but I don't see it in WHM!

Can you please tell me what can I do to add the domain in "List accounts", or how to delete it and restore it from the backup? (I don't see it in "Terminate account" and when I try to restore it the system says "username already exists" and doesn't do anything.

Thank you in advance!

2. Pashio

Pashio Active Member

Hi,

Please also check the domain entry in /etc/trueuserdomaines :)

3. nadavoid

nadavoid Member

solution

I had the same problem. making sure the domain and user are listed in /etc/trueuserdomains fixed the problem.

Thanks for the tip, Paddy!

4. tdw82

tdw82 Member

thanks that fixed my problem, thanks for the tip

Tim