The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

account problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord1, Jul 18, 2006.

1. darklord1

darklord1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Got a major issue here;

I recently partnered up for financial benefits with my host and we bought a new server.

The server is awesome

but heres a problem

EVERY php account has this:

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/rises/public_html/new/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/acid/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/rises/public_html/new/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/rises/public_html/new/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/acid/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/rises/public_html/new/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/rises/public_html/new/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

Not sure if this is a cpanel issue or not but sure would love your inputs on this, thanks.

The reason I came here is because of the possible problem with the account setup which is whm/cpanel, If this has nothing to do with that then please forgive. thank you.

#1 darklord1, Jul 18, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You could try disabling open_basedir protection in WHM > Tweak Security > open_basedir protection

3. darklord1

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Success, as I'm new to this, I'm going to search for that and see what the downfalls could be of not running that.

Any further advice would really be appreciated.

Thanx a ton.

4. darklord1

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I know its been a while since I posted this, but I think its weird, if I enable the open_basedir in whm, I cant view the root folder with a shell script I test security with. But if I disable it, I can view root.

I dont think its a problem to keep open_basedir protection enabled. But heres the problem Im getting now, If I goto http://ip/~username

It defines the allowable path as being the very first client I have no matter which username I use.

Basically I have lets say 3 clients on ip 1.2.3.4

client is A,B,C
    client A is first.

On client A, it all works well.

On client B, it says that the allowable path is equal to client A's path. Umm thats not right because client A is not the client.

In my http.conf

I have

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
    ServerAlias domain.com
    ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.com
    DocumentRoot /home/A/public_html
    BytesLog domlogs/domain.com-bytes_log
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
    php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/A/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp"
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
    php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/A/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp"
    </IfModule>
    ServerName domain.com

User A
    Group A
    CustomLog /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com combined
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/A/public_html/cgi-bin/
    </VirtualHost>

and so on, so Im thinking that apache is basically seeing first virtual host as the only host on that ip, but this is not correct, Anything I can do to fix this? Or better is there anything I can do to lock it so that the server script cannot access files above the public html of all clients.

#4 darklord1, Aug 31, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  5. darklord1

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ive worked to rresolve this but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.