The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Quota Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sander-Rob, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Sander-Rob

Sander-Rob Member

I have an account that WHM says is using 305MB of a 200MB quota.

The weird thing is that when I check the usage via shell (# du -skh *), it's saying only 66MB.

Am I missing something?

2. MaestriaNick

MaestriaNick Well-Known Member

du -sh * , wont show the size of hidden folders (which start with a '.' ) so you may need to do du -sh /home/username to get the correct size.

Also, if that too shows some value other than what capnel shows, the chances are

1) cpanel shows it wrong.

/scripts/fixquotas will fix the issue in that case.

2) there are some folders or files outside /home/user folder and under the ownership of this user. you can find all such files/folders using the command

find / -user useranme (replace username with the username of account)

this will show all the files in the server which are under that users ownership. If there are some files consuming more space, outside /home/user folder and need not be under the ownership of USER having problem, just change the ownership to root or correct owner.

3. Sander-Rob

Sander-Rob Member

Tried that, and it matches the same 66MB of storage being allocated.[/quote]

I did that previously (which I should have mentioned), and since...with no change.

The results of this have me puzzled (and thanks, I would have never thought to run this). There are the normal files that you would expect to come up, but I have a HUGE number of references within the /home/cprestore/ directory (I'm not familiar with this directory, and it's purpose...???). Most of the files being referenced, are files from an account restore that has nothing to do with the initial issue.

Thoughts?