The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account quota over by 75 MBs in WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I have an account that WHM is showing is over their quota by 52 MBs. I ran du -sh /home/login/ and according to this they are only using 394 MBs. They don't have any MySQL databases and I tried running /scripts/fixquotas and it didn't change anything.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

2. FreedomNet

FreedomNet Active Member

Urchin thei culprit

Not sure if you have Urchin stats but this is the usual culprit for us. It uses a ton of space in the /tmp directory. The easiest way to find it is go into cPanmel for hte account and click on "Disk Usage"

3. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I'm running Urchin but separate from cPanel as cPanel's set up gives Urchin reports for subdomains and I only give them for the main domain as it is expensive. This account also doesn't have Urchin so I don't think Urchin is the problem for them. I checked the tmp directory and it's using 7 MBs.

4. plake

plake Active Member

do you backup locally or via ftp, its possible that when the backup script ran through that there are still files in /home/cpbackuptmp (location may vary)

This has happened to me after a failed backup and bumped people over quota, deleting the entire backup temp directory will not hurt anything either...

5. bigj

bigj Well-Known Member

If you have more filesystems than just / then I would run 'repquota -a' from a shell. This will dump all the quotas and usage for every user in every filesystem. Heck, I think 'quota -v <username> will do the same thing as repquota but it will add it all up for you. The reason I suggest using repquota is that it will break down usage by filesystem.

bigj