The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

account restore errors

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by tloosle, Feb 11, 2015.

1. tloosle

tloosle Active Member

I used the transfer account tool to move a site into a new build of cpanel. All good. Wonderful tool!

then customer deleted a bunch of stuff from their web site and asked for a restore.

So, I terminated the account, but said to leave the dns records. And then tried to restore the previous nights backup file.

I get user exists error and so I remove it from passed. Then I get group exists error. So I manually deleted the group. Then I get an error, database owner exists error.

After finding and manually fixing all these errors I was able to get the site to restore.

Is this a bug in 11.48.0 build 11 ?? or is this just a fluke I happened to run into?

t

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I'm unable to reproduce this issue on a test server. It seems like the account termination failed on your system. Could you try creating a test account, and then terminating the test account on your server to see if you can reproduce the issue again?

Thank you.