Account Restore Failed (mysql user)

ipvhost

Mar 25, 2008
hello

Everything belongs de6985 was deleted from the server.

I try to restore the account I get this error:

Restore Backups
Restoring de6985
Extracting tarball................... Done
Extracting Domain....Done
Generating Account....

Account Creation Status: failed (Sorry, a mysql user with the name de6985 already exists.)

Account Restore Failed... Restore failed.

thanks,

ipvhost

Mar 25, 2008
Ok, I solved the problem... It was the update to WHM 11.28.28(RELEASE), i downgrade to WHM 11.26.20(Stable) and everything is back to normal.

It was another problem when the version WHM 11.28.28 was running on server, when I add a domain from "Addons Domains" or I create a subdomain from "Subdomains" and when I try to access the domain or subdomain it show the /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi.

JaredR.

Feb 25, 2010
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We do not recommend downgrading between different versions, such as 11.28 to 11.26. I am glad that it worked in your case, but this can very often cause more problems than it solves.

Note that 11.28 will eventually make its way into the STABLE tier as well, so you are only delaying the move to 11.28 at this point. The best course of action would be to submit a ticket so that we can help you with the update to 11.28, because what you have described is not normal and should not be happening due to a cPanel update.

diegoalberto.me

Registered
Sep 3, 2009
How to solve the original problem, I have already deleted the user on mysql with the "DROP USER nnn" and double checked that the user nnn was not present on any mysql database tables.

How can I restore the account then?

Thanks

CyberFunk

Registered
Jun 26, 2011
grep -Rl USERNAME /var/cpanel/databases/

You will get a list of files where needed username is still placed.

Last edited:

WebCraker

Registered
Jan 4, 2008
Try using --force with the restore command

Code:
/scripts/restorepkg --force user.tar.gz