The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

account restore not restoring custom IP ?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by qwerty, Sep 19, 2012.

1. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2003
    On each of our shared boxes we have a dozen or more customers who's domain name points to an outside / external IP address eg. a shopping cart provider or some such.

I have just noticed that if we are restoring an account like this from a backup, the dns zone is NOT reset correctly to point the domain to this external IP, instead it's simply set up with the main server IP.

I manually looked through the backup tar.gz and looked inside the 'dnszones' dir it contains and sure enough, the dns zones stored inside it DO in fact contain the custom/external IPs. So why is it that the whm restore function does not restore these zones correctly?

If we were to have an emergency and had to restore ALL accounts on a box we can't rely on cpanel/whm restore to restore the DNS zones correctly for a dozen or more customers .. why is that?? This is a major shortcoming and/or bug
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

We do have an internal case open for a similar issue (addressing transfers instead of local restorations). For reference, the case number is 52354.

I suggest submitting a ticket so we can investigate further and determine if this is related to the same case. You can submit a ticket via:

Submit A Ticket

Thank you.