Account restricted - How find the cause?

rametring

Registered
Jun 20, 2007
HI,

I have one account disabling and showing the "account restricted" information.
How can I found the cause of this?

I set to active , and fews hour after, back to restrict.

Someone can help-me?

The email and server is my and I have full root access

wsherwood

May 21, 2010
It happens quite frequently to my clients, regardless of which server.
cpanel> mail> (accounts) [MANAGE]
RESTRICTIONS
Receiving Incoming Mail
Allow Suspend
Sending Outgoing Email
Allow Suspend
Hold
Logging In
Allow Suspend

Would love to know how to avoid this.
It can happen after just sending a few emails, or several sequentially.

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It happens quite frequently to my clients, regardless of which server.
cpanel> mail> (accounts) [MANAGE]
RESTRICTIONS
Receiving Incoming Mail
Allow Suspend
Sending Outgoing Email
Allow Suspend
Hold
Logging In
Allow Suspend

Would love to know how to avoid this.
It can happen after just sending a few emails, or several sequentially.
Hello! To confirm, do these restrictions apply after sending some emails? Would it be possible for you to open a support ticket using the link in my signature? This looks like it would warrant a more in-depth look. Please provide me a ticket ID if possible so I can keep this thread updated.

Kati1509

Registered
Aug 22, 2019
Santiago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, I am hanging on the subject since I present the same situation, in my case we are a hosting company and we send certain mass emails to clients, but we need to know which file suspends the sending of the email account and how to prevent it in case we send it again these emails to our customers. Thanks

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, I am hanging on the subject since I present the same situation, in my case we are a hosting company and we send certain mass emails to clients, but we need to know which file suspends the sending of the email account and how to prevent it in case we send it again these emails to our customers. Thanks
Hello! If you need accounts to not get suspended, couldn't you set the quota to unlimited? That would essentially be the same.

Mikhael.L

Registered
Sep 26, 2022
Romania
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I have the same problem with the hosting company i work with. One email account get restricted often. I use that email account to sent legitimate emails to clients, i send those emails from outlook, manually, one by one no scripts involved but after 20 emails or so, the account get restricted. I don't know why this happens because the hourly limit is set to 300. Is there an algorithm implemented in cPanel that flag accounts and restrict them automathicaly? The hosting company i work with says its cpanel faults and they cant do nothing about it.
Thank you! And sorry for my English.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@Mikhael.L - there isn't anything in cPanel that would be doing this automatically. If you have a shared account through your hosting provider, it would be up to them to support you and ensure things are working well. If they can not find a solution, they can always submit a ticket to us so we can check things on our end.