Northern Monkey

Registered
Dec 5, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi all

I'm not very technically minded and suspect there is nothing I can do about this issue but here goes.

My website and email for two sites had suddenly gone down today with the sites showing the 'Account Suspended - contact your hosting provider' message. My issue is that the guy who has sorted the hosting for me and dealt with all that side of things is currently in hospital and is not in a position to look into any issues.

Am I correct in guessing that basically means I'm going to have to wait until he is hopefully in a position to be able to look into the reasons for the suspension? (His own site is showing the same message).

GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
My guess is that he is a reseller and his account has gone past due and got suspended.

You can probably track down the hosting provider by first seeing what IP your xite resolves to and then doing a whois lookup on that IP. Then you can perhaps try and contact them and see if they will let you arrange to take care of the bill to get the sites unsuspended.

Northern Monkey

Registered
Dec 5, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I wondered if it might be a payment issue on that server - other sites he has hosted for me but which I know are on different servers are still up and working without an issue. I'll have a look at that and see where I can go with it.

Northern Monkey

Registered
Dec 5, 2018
UK
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
My guess is that he is a reseller and his account has gone past due and got suspended.

You can probably track down the hosting provider by first seeing what IP your xite resolves to and then doing a whois lookup on that IP. Then you can perhaps try and contact them and see if they will let you arrange to take care of the bill to get the sites unsuspended.
This was indeed correct - the hosting provider has unsuspended the account for me until mid-Jan, by which time he'll hopefully be back on his feet and able to sort things out. Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.

Reactions: cPanelLauren