The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Suspension Notification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WorkinOnIt, Jul 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi team

I have a simple question that I don't seem to be able to find the answer for;

When you suspend a user's account in WHM > Manage Account Suspension - does the user receive an email notification? Of course I know root / reseller does and that can be adjusted via Contact Manager - but I couldn't find any reference as to whether the user also receives notification (by user - I mean the contact email address entered for the domain as shown on e.g. List Accounts page in WHM)?

On this page, there is no clarification on this :

What Happens When You Suspend an Account - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation (perhaps clarification could be added).

I sometimes have an admin need to briefly suspend or briefly un-suspend a users account - but I don't always want to send notification to the user.

Thanks for the clarification.

2. webhostuk

webhostuk Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

No the use is not sent email if you do this activity from WHM directly. We have an option to do so if you want to.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Individual account owners are not sent an email notification when their account is suspended. Feel free to open a feature request if you'd like to see this functionality added to the product.

Thank you.