The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Suspensions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nerdzoll, May 23, 2005.

1. nerdzoll

nerdzoll Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    I have wanted to get some enhansement to the account suspension as it is somewhat rather restricted at the moment... so I have submitted an enhansement request to bugzilla... Here is what I wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I would like to see the Suspension of Accounts feature expanded somewhat.
    Recently I had a customer who uploaded some .Torrent files (which I do not allow
    on my server) and so I suspended his account immediatly. However I wished for
    him to have restricted access to FTP so that he could go in and remove the files
    himself. However when the account is suspended it lockes everything out.

What I would like to see is when an account is suspended. The ability to specify
    the level of access that the account can have. I.E. can the account have access
    to it's cpanel or will that be locked out, or can the account have access to FTP
    so that files can be removed etc.

Also if at all possible (I am not sure whether this can be done) however if the
    above can be done. The possibility to limit FTP access on the suspended account,
    (for example so that files cannot be uploaded, but can be deleted or modified).

This would be extreemly useful as we could suspend accounts for different
    reasons without being so harsh as to just completly lock out the account.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I was wondering if anyone else was interested if they could throw in a vote for it... here is the link to the request: http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2279

Cheers all
    Nerdzoll!

2. anuraj

anuraj Registered

List of Accounts Suspended

Hello,

When I suspend my account the site gets suspended, but doesn't show up in the list of the accounts suspended. Can any help me on this matter?

Anye help regarding this matter is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

3. PPNSteve

PPNSteve Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Great idea and might add email access or not as well. I know our company could use selectable suspensions like this.. *votes*

4. Mike2Own

Mike2Own Active Member

if you gave him ftp access he could just edit the .htaccess file and remove the 'suspension' of his account

5. fusioncroc

fusioncroc Well-Known Member

I voted as well but your idea of modifying and only deleting ftp access should be limited more to block deletetion or modification of .htaccess etc :)

6. nerdzoll

nerdzoll Well-Known Member

thanks for the feedback and votes so far guys.. As I am not too sure about the inner workings of how it could be done I knew there would be some loopholes.. however at least this could prompt the developers to take a look and do a little expansion... please keep the ideas coming (and the votes)... I am sure this would be useful for a HEAP of people.
    Nerdzoll!