The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account transfer between servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dherb73, Dec 1, 2002.

1. dherb73

dherb73 Member

Nov 10, 2002
    When I try to &Copy an account from another server with account password& I get a checksum error each and every time. I had successfully copied the same account a few days ago. However, I wanted to make sure the account was up-to-date before notifying the customer to make DNS changes. I terminated the account, which seemed successful, and the reinitiated the account transfer, but this time it failed due to a checksum error. I'm assuming that there's some residual left-overs from the account termination/removal, but that is just a hunch. I've emailed cPanel support without reply. (Has anybody ever received a response from cPanel support). I've tried transferring the account around 10 times now over the course of about 36 hours. Below is the log of the last failed attempt (certain items hidden for privacy reasons.)
    Thanks --Doug

Attempting to login as r**** to xeno****.org via ftp
    Login ok
    Uploading Wrapper
    Uploading Dectector
    Uploading Packager
    Uploading Downloader
    Uploading Killer
    chmoding scripts
    Found uid to be: 929
    Compiling wrapper
    uploading wrapper
    chmodding wrapper
    Closing FTP Control
    Packing Account using suexec method

/tmp/cpmove-rikym exists, please remove it and try again
    DOWNLOAD READY in /tmp/cpmove-rikym.tar.gz
    Downloading Tarball
    http://xeno****.org/~r****/cgi-bin/cpdownload/cpaneldownacct.cgi (unknown size)
    cpaneldownacct.cgi [+] 0K
    cpaneldownacct.cgi [-] 0K
    0 bytes transferred in 0.02 sec (0.00k/sec)
    Removing Scripts using suexec method

Checksum Failure [[d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e]] [[]]
    Error while copying account...! Aborting Extraction
  2. beley

beley Active Member

Feb 27, 2003
    I am getting the same errors... there is no file in /TMP as some suggested. This seems to be unaffected by the amount of disk space. Does anyone have an idea how we can get this fixed?