The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Transfer from Expired Cpanel to New Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamiedolan, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jamiedolan

jamiedolan Member

HI;

I have a Cpanel server that the license expired on, but the box is still in production. There was an exploit on forum software on this box and the box was compromised at least to some extent. Due to the exploit / hack that happened on this server, I would like to start off with deploying a brand new Cpanel box (obviously with a new purchased current license on it) to replace this one.

What I am wondering about is transferring accounts / settings from the old (expired) server to the new one. I won't be transferring the files for the software that I know was exploited, but am mainly concerned about transferring the databases along with associated logins, e-mail setup and passwords.

So is it possible for me to get this data from the old server even though it's license is expired?

Thanks,

Jamie

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest contacting our Customer Service department to request a trial license for the original server. This will allow you to package the accounts manually with /scripts/pkgacct or use the transfer tools in Web Host Manager to copy the accounts to the destination server. You can reach the Customer Service department at:

cs@cpanel.net

Thank you.

3. jamiedolan

jamiedolan Member

Thanks very much for your assistance, I will get in touch with them shortly.
    Jamie