The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account transfer from older to newer cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tmallardi, Aug 24, 2016.

1. tmallardi

tmallardi Well-Known Member

Due to the fact that I am on a 32bit CentOS system, my existing server stopped upgrading at WHM version 56.0 (build 33)

I purchased a new cloud server at the same host and selected a 64bit version of CentOS with WHM version 58.0 (build 23).

Now when I try to use the Transfer Tool, I receive a warning stating that I should only transfer from the same major WHM version.

Most of my customer sites are just simple websites and and email accounts.

What are the risks if I proceed?

Thanks,
    Tim

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Tim,

One of the initial purposes for that warning message was to help customers avoid issues with the transfer of bandwidth data after the switch from RRDtool to SQLite databases for bandwidth data processing in cPanel version 11.52. It's likely you won't encounter any issues when transferring accounts from version 56 to version 58, however we're happy to help troubleshoot any problems you encounter.

You can transfer a couple of accounts first, make sure everything works as expected, and then transfer the remaining accounts.

Let us know how it works out.

Thanks!