The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account transfer issue...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4u123, Feb 13, 2010.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi folks,

I've noticed that when transferring multiple accounts to a new server - any accounts that were suspended on the old server do not show up in "list suspended accounts" on the new server. Its empty. (must be a bug)

This is made worse by the fact that I transferred the cpanel license to the new server so I cant login to WHM on the old server to find out which accounts were suspended.

Is this info stored in a file somewhere so I can retrieve it from the old server and make sure the suspensions are correctly in place on the new one?

Thanks for your help.

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

If you have an access to your old server then you can login to your SSH and get the list of suspended domains from the below mentioned location:

/var/cpanel/suspended

3. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Thanks. I didnt know thats where they were listed.

This has uncovered quite a serious issue if you use the "express transfer" option...

1. All the accounts that were previously suspended become un-suspended on the new server after they have been moved over.

2. During the transfer process, ALL accounts on the old server become suspended - with the "moved to new server" message.

This means that if you dont take note of all the suspended accounts before you start the transfer, it is absolutely imposible to identify which accounts were suspended.

I'm pretty sure that previous versions of the transfer process automatically moved over the suspended state of accounts. It seems with the addition of the "express transfer" option, this is now broken.

I think cpanel need to do some work on this. Accounts are suspended for good reason, quite often for security reasons. I didnt know that transferring a suspended account would cause it to be un-suspended. I'm sure most people would presume the suspension state of an account would be transferred to the new server.

I dont mind doing the extra work - copy pasting the suspended account list before starting the transfer is easy but if you dont know that you have to do that, it can cause some major headaches. I think this is going to catch out alot of people.