The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account transfer: mysql permissions with prefixing disabled

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by astopy, Jul 11, 2011.

1. astopy

astopy Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When transferring an account between servers when DB prefixing is disabled, cPanel (sensibly) restores databases with conflicting names with a number appended to them. E.g.:

However, it seems to still restore the privileges for the original DB name and not the new one. Meaning, the new (transferred) user gets privileges on the (old) existing database (and possibly overwrites the old credentials if the MySQL user names happen to also be the same).

This is on WHM 11.30.0 (build 32). Is this a known bug?
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello astopy,

I'm not finding an existing case about this issue, although I might be missing it in my searches on our internal system. Would you be able to submit a bug report using the Bugs link above or and post the ticket number here.

If you would be able to provide access to the affected systems as well in the ticket, then an example account we could attempt to transfer to reproduce this behavior, that would likewise be appreciated.