The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Transfer Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rackblast.com, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Rackblast.com

Rackblast.com Registered

Everytime I attempt to transfer one of my accounts to my new server, everything goes well. Until after the transfer process is finished.

That is when I log into the newly created account and notice that there is only about 30% of the files that were supposed to be transfered.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 30350

2. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

We can't even get that far. We've trnsferred hundreds of accounts in the past but haven't had to in quite some time. Now that we are, we just keep getting a timeout on the packaging right off the bat.

Odd thing is that the old server only has about 6 accounts on it (all of ours, not customers) and the new one only has one account (also ours). We're trying to move those six to a newer server so that we can recycle the older server for use with some customers.

I know the issue isn't load related and can't for the life of me figure out why it is happening. The account only has 136M of files and the domlogs are only 9M total.

3. Myacen

Myacen Well-Known Member

We have the same problem as you jsteel

4. Argious

Argious Member

I've tried several attempts and different configurations, but it appears that WHM's account copier script won't work on accounts over 100 mb.

So with that, I went to the account's CPanel, and manually created backups and downloaded them onto my harddrive. Then I created new accounts for them on the new server with WHM, and simply logged into those cpanels and uploaded the backups.

This works fine with backups up to 250 mb. Beyond that, you might have to just download the whole home directory via ftp, and reupload via ftp rather than cpanel's backup/restore feature.

5. Donna

Donna BANNED

A quicker way to get around that is to use /scripts/pkgacct2 username (replace username with the clients username)

That will create a file, /home/cpmove-username.tar.gz - save that to wherever you'd like to back it up to (I'd suggest the public_html folder of a domain you have access to and chown it to that user).

Then log into the new server and cd to home then wget it from the domain on the old server.

To restore it do the following type /scripts/restorepkg username (again replace username with the clients username).

6. jsnape

jsnape Well-Known Member

I do it this way - its alot quicker

Go to the directory the tar.gz file that the account is in (assuming its in /backup)

cd /backup/cpbackup/daily

ftp 192.168.1.1 <-- [IP of the server it is goint to]

enter username of an account you have set up on the server with enough disc space quota to receive the file

enter password for that account you should then see the ftp prompt then enter the put command to move the file:

ftp> put theaccount.tar.gz

--
    ftp from server to server is lighting quick, a 100mg file moves in the time it takes to pour a cup of coffee. Once finished go to the server - the file should be in the root of the account you ftp'd it to, COPY the file into /home, go to whm and restore the site using the "restore cpmove file" (or whatever its called). I say copy the file because if something goes wrong you still have the file. Delete it out when everything goes as planned.
    --

Have multiple files to move? Do this and go have lunch:

Put them all into a folder and go to that folder, ftp to the other server -

ftp> prompt

that command should shut off promting "are you sure?" questions between file transfers

ftp> binary

that one usually insn't needed but if you want to be safe do it

ftp> mput *.gz

when everything is moved -

ftp> bye

There's my 2 cents. Files over 2GB isn't supported in one of the two standard ftp programs that come with whm. I can't remember which one :)

#6 jsnape, Jul 8, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2006