Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Account Transfer script - problem with transferring email folders/accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by max0r, Sep 26, 2005.

1. max0r

max0r Registered

Hi guys. I made a mistake a couple years ago by signing up with a host and not doing any research. Today I have a shared domain account on their cpanel/Linux server. Well, for the past two weeks my hosted domain account with company X stopped receiving email, and I haven't heard a word from them.

I am leasing a dedicated linux/cpanel server and want to use the account transfer function in WHM to copy the shared account over along with all of my email users' data. Since i do not have a root pass from them, i use the "Copy an account from another server with account password" script, but unfortunately this does not copy over any of the email accounts/folders. Please advise as to what my options are...

The server of my hosting company is a linux/cpnael server, with a recent stable cpanel build (I'm assuming). My server is: WHM 10.6.0 cPanel 10.8.0-R27.

-Alex