The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account trasfer question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by classical, Apr 7, 2011.

1. classical

classical Active Member

hello.

We have following scenario: We transfered account from whm to Vps (both are same version cpanels) transfer took approx 20 minutes coz big amount of data was copied we have changed dns zones to source server (from where account had been transfered), but for costumers it remained unchanged (due to dns cache they used) so changes had been made at old server by costumers. Now i must transfer it again, but i just need thus date only, not everything. How can i do this ?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    How many changes? If it's just MySQL databases for forums for example, you might just backup the DBs from the old server again manually and restore those on the new server. If it's just one website who changed themes or something, you might just copy the files that were changed.

Not sure either solution is for you without knowing more of what needed to be saved/moved.

3. classical

classical Active Member

The main problem is that i dunno exactly what has been changed/added if i do this manually copy files etc etc . . . i may miss something

I thought that there was some tool to check changes and transfer them only

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you are going to re-transfer the account, terminate the account on the new server in WHM > Terminate an Account area, and then transfer the account again from the old server to the new one. This way, you know you have the most recent copy of the account. This is the best way to avoid the hassle of possibly missing any changed file(s).