The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account upgrade/downgrade problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gritonet, Nov 5, 2003.

1. gritonet

gritonet Member

I have a reseller user on my box and it has the possibility to upgrade/downgrade accounts. The thing is that, when an account has been configured to one package (let's name that package test), and i want the account to be upgraded to another package (which has been also created using the package manager and has been created from the reseller account), i get an error telling 'You do not have access to create that package (resellername_package)'. Even trying to upgrade from root whm will result in just getting the limits overriden, but the account is not upgraded properly. The reseller is not enabling any feature he/she is not allowed to, so maybe it could be a cpanel/whm problem?

2. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Try looking in whm and verify that the user has the permission to create packages. There are two seperate check boxes, one for modifying and one for creating I think.

3. gritonet

gritonet Member

not working

The two boxes are selected, and does not work. What the hell happens? Anyone has the same problem or it's just me? I am using WHM 8.5.4 cPanel 8.5.4-R7. Thanks.

4. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok, is:

Limit account creation to specific account types Unchecked?

Limit Accounts that username can create by Resource Usage Unchecked?

Add/Remove Packages Checked?

Disallow creation of accounts with packages that are not global or not owned by this user Checked?

Allow Package Edits (new) Checked?

(not sure, so just making sure)

5. gritonet

gritonet Member

Thanks for your help... still not working. Nothing else has tried and found the same problem as me?

6. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok. Under that tab, there are two options, one for the amount of resources the reseller can use, and one for the amount of plans the reseller can create. Please make sure that the second one is not checked, and none of the plans are checked as well, just to make sure that its not from that.

7. gritonet

gritonet Member

The resources are almost unlimited compared to the used ones, and the only boxes checked are, at the side of each package where it reads: 'Creation allowed'.
    Those are obviously checked. If i uncheck them i am not able to create accounts with the plans i have. The strange thing is that i am able to create an account from 0 using my plans, but not to upgrade the account to another of my plans.

8. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Was having the same problem awhile back -- WHM 8.4.0 cPanel 8.5.0-E10 -- and the following suggestion by Cpanel Support cleared it up.

/scripts/updatenow ; /scripts/upcp ; service cpanel stop ; service cpanel start

Been using the 8.5.x E4x for awhile and the problem has not re-occurred.

9. gritonet

gritonet Member

That solved the problem! Thanks rob! Now i only have one problem. When the account its upgraded, all is changed except quota that remains the same. Any ideas about that? I know that i can fix it with the quota check on all users, but anyway to fix it permanently?

Thanks

10. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cpanel/whm only refreshes/updates qouta information twice per day I think, so you may have to wait for it to do it automatically, or you can do it manually.