The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

account with database transfer problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PWSowner, May 22, 2007.

1. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

I'm trying to transfer an account to another server. The account has a MySQL message board. I used WHM copy account with root password and the forum wouldn't work on the new server. The files didn't get copied to the users database folder.

I tried a couple more times, tried manually copying those files over, and no luck. I did some research and found different sql versions can be an issue, so I checked. The old server is 4.1 and the new one was 4.0.

I went to WHM "tweak settings" and checked the 4.1, then in shell I ran /scripts/mysqlup. I deleted the account and copied again and this time the databases were in the proper folder but the forum still wouldn't work. The forum page just showed a blank page.

WHM says:
    Do I also need to run easyapache and perlinstaller for this to work? It doesn't appear necessary because I have a few accounts using MySQL on the server I'm transferring to and they still work fine after changing to 4.1.

Any ideas why the transfer doesn't work, or what I need to do to make it work?

2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to recompile the PHP so that it can load the new MySQL libraries. The other solution is to keep the MySQL 4.0 version (if you want to stick with it) and take the dump of MySQL on old server using --compatible=mysql40 flag and then import it on the destination server.

3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Thanks. When I tried to do the upgrade, I got
    so I contacted my datacenter and they are going to take care of it.