The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

account with magento not working after backup restoration

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by nabuhonodozor, Mar 16, 2012.

1. nabuhonodozor

nabuhonodozor Member

Dear All,
    I am struggling for a whole day with recovering one of my accounts. It have an account with magento installation. I was trying to recover it from a weekly backup file but found its impossible to use magento after recovery.
    I must add that I dont have any problems recovering other accounts - everything work flawless except this one.

After recovery (various time, played with all recover options) I cant browse my site. A lot of weird errors. I thoughtrecovering from the backup file would bring me everything working.

Can somebody have experience with magento backup recovery? I thing it needs some "magic trick" :D

So far Ive managed to access administration area of the magento. I can also browse subcategories / product categories (magento is an ecommerce script) but I cant access domain.com/
    It always redirect me to domain.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

Kind regards,
    Piotr

2. d_t

d_t Well-Known Member

defaultwebpage.cgi usually appear when the website IP from DNS is different from the one from apache config. Check DNS and httpd.conf

Depending on how php is compiled, magento might need write permission to var/* directories. Check error_log. Also try to remove cache var/cache/* to allow magento build a new one.

3. nabuhonodozor

nabuhonodozor Member

Thank You for responce .
    Ive ended up upgrading cPanel, recompiled easy-apache, cleanup DNS zones, modyfing magento htaccess etc. Finally Ive flush DNS on my local computer. It turns out installing completely new webbrowser help me find a issue. Restarting my computer finally allows me to browse my site.