Cristi4n

PartnerNOC
Jul 2, 2006
Hello everyone,
I recently moved a reseller to a new server,
the problem appeared when I tryed to view that reseller's accounts, nothing showed, not even the resellers account (in List Accounts).
I think that the problem started because that resellers account was created earlyer on that server. I also get errors like there is no domain for an account.
Accounts name shows in Reseller center List Accounts only, but there I cannot edit enything.
My question is: Is it possible to solve this problem manually or I have to move again everything ?

Last edited:

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Check /etc/trueuserowners and make sure that the accounts are owned by the reseller are listed in there correctly and add if they're missing.

Cristi4n

PartnerNOC
Jul 2, 2006
thank's for replying, I do not know how but for the domains not listed in WHM, the lines starting with DNS= where missing ! I have edited the cpanel users file and now everything is ok !

campsoupster

Registered
Nov 18, 2006
Thanks so much!

This post just saved me hours of trying to figure out what when wrong. Thanks.

I accidentally deleted a DNS zone through cpanel and it removed the account from the accounts list. All the files were still there, etc. Editing trueuserdomains was all I needed to do.

Cheers,
-s

CTC

Nov 29, 2006
comand line action

I have this same problem, how did you resolve it.

What is the command or where is this file found.

I am using Putty and i am pretty green to it.

Any help would be great.

hariskhan

Apr 15, 2004
Account not visible

Hello,

My WHM version is;

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R118
WHM X v3.1.0

This account vanishing part in whm has happened to me at least 4-5 times. I was not creating the account. Its a standard account owned by root.

Accounts sometime! just vanish from WHM listing, without! any reason. I have no errors logged in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/* files.

For example, this account I have, its;

- home folder exists
- dns file exists
- db exists
- listed in /etc/trueuserdomains
- listed under /etc/trueuserowners
- listed in /var/cpanel/users
- listed under /etc/localdomains
- listed in /etc/userdomains

But! its not showing up in whm. What have I missed in the checklist?

Last edited:

andy_p

May 15, 2005
Accounts are not listed in reseller account

Facing similar problem.

Granted the reseller privileges to some existing account.
I changed owner of few existing accounts using "Modify/Upgrade Multiple Accounts" (I wanted to move some existing accounts under the reseller)
However when i do reseller's WHM login and I click on "List accounts", only the native account is shown.

There are correct entries in /etc/trueuserowners file
In root WHM login (List Accounts) I can see the Owner of those accounts is correct.

Any fix?

andy_p

May 15, 2005
Re : Accounts are not listed in reseller account

I added some packages under the reseller account and assigned to other accounts those I wanted under the reseller account and it worked for me.

Joost34

Mar 22, 2007
I fixed it by adding the domain to /etc/trueuserdomains again... Sounds obvious anyway since I deleted the DNS zone.