The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accounts failing, No such person at this address?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rosewood, Aug 8, 2008.

1. rosewood

rosewood Member

Starting around Aug 4th, a lot of users (but not all, not even all per domain) are having issues sending / receiving new emails.

Starting with sending, if I try to send an email out as a user I get this error:
    When someone sends an email to the PERSON@DOMAIN.com , they will get back an error message again, 550: NO such person at this address.

Cpanel shows the user created, and if I go into their webmail it shows old emails, etc.

For the people that don't use webmail, I've simply deleted their account and re-created it and it has been good to go. However, a few people have plenty of email stored that I can't just delete. Any suggestions on why these accounts would be failing and any suggestions on how to make it realize that these accounts are still there and active?

Thank you.

(E: I saw the sticky and I reset the EXIM configs back to default and restarted EXIM and still getting this error. Also, these aren't forwards. We are running WHM 11.32.2 cPanel 11.23.4-S26138 on CENTOS Enterprise 5.2 i686 on standard - WHM X v 3.1.0
    also
    /scripts/buildeximconf
    /scripts/restartsrv exim
    and
    /scripts/autorepair

did nothing
    )

#1 rosewood, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008