The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accounts for people with no domain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clay, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Clay

Clay Member

Ok, I've got a couple of requests to set up an account from people who don't have a domain name...

is there anyway i can give them either own account with their own cpanel at something like &username.domain.com& ? that way i could have username1.domain.com and username2.domain.com and so on...

anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
    -Clay

2. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

[quote:11fe649979][i:11fe649979]Originally posted by Clay[/i:11fe649979]

Ok, I've got a couple of requests to set up an account from people who don't have a domain name...

is there anyway i can give them either own account with their own cpanel at something like &username.domain.com& ? that way i could have username1.domain.com and username2.domain.com and so on...

anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
    -Clay[/quote:11fe649979]

I wouldn't rcommend doing it, especially if you were planning on setting it up as a subdomain of your domain. You'll be liable for any malicious activity since it will appear it is from your domain.

Jaz

3. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can do exactly that, Clay, within WHM. In the Domain Name part you put just as you described: &user1.domain.com& and they will have their own Cpanel. Also, as mentioned by Jaz, their account activity has &your& domain within it, so you know who will be blamed for any wrong doing. ;)

Web space and Data Transfer is seperate though and treated as a Domain account.