The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accounts missing from WHM /adding in trueuserdomains doesn't help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Runtime, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Runtime

Runtime Member

A common problem, easily solved by adding the domain.com: username in the
    /etc/trueuserdomains file . However, I have done this A LOT of times. Once I add the records (the problem is related to two accounts) the accounts are being listed through the WHM as they should. However, the problem is not solved, because after some time they are not listed anymore, and both records are gone from the /etc/trueuserdomains file.

Anyone has any idea what could be causing this problem ? The server has a lot of cPanel accounts (1000+) not all of them are active. Is it possible that the system cannot handle
    accounts above certain number ? To be honest I have no clue what could be causing the problem, so any opinions are appreciated !

2. Runtime

Runtime Member

Hm , anyone?:)

I find out the following. The domain: user records disappear from the trueuserdomains
    file after a new account is created on that server, and if I run /scripts/updateuserdomains
    (in both cases).

userdomains] domain conflict: /var/cpanel/users/user1 contains a MAIN domain already owned by datanno1 at /scripts/updateuserdomains line 184, line 2.
    [userdomains] domain conflict: /var/cpanel/users/user2 contains a MAIN domain already owned by datanno1 at /scripts/updateuserdomains line 184, line 2.

This is the error message I get. Any ideas why this is so ? :confused:

3. megalai

megalai Registered

4. Runtime

Runtime Member

Megalai, I just visited that post :) Actually I came here to write that everything is okay now, and blah blah, but you were faster :) Thank you !!!

The forum moderators may feel free to delete this usless post of mine .