The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accounts missing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buzit, Sep 10, 2001.

1. buzit

buzit Registered

I lost all twelve of my accounts in Web Host Manager three weeks ago and the server administrator has yet to fix the problem or let me know what\'s up. It simply says 0 accounts......if anyone has an idea as to the reason/reasons this could happen I would appreciate it.

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

do you see these on the drop down menu for like password admin and things like that?

3. buzit

buzit Registered

[quote:e64e358f6b]do you see these on the drop down menu for like password admin and things like that? [/quote:e64e358f6b]
    Nick...the only place where the accounts are not listed is when Webhost Manager first comes up. Or if you chose in the left column under \"Account Functions\" the List Accounts option where it displays all your accounts along with \"Domain...IP...Username...Partition...Quota...Plan...Space used and so forth.

If you choose \" suspend or unsuspended an account\" or \"password modification\" all 12 of the accounts are listed.???

I\'m stumped however, as to why they are not listed in the \"List Accounts\" section, and my not being the server administrator, I have no way actually to change it.
    Thanks! for the reply
    Buz

4. Domenico

Domenico Well-Known Member

I had the same problem a month or so ago.
    Check your httpd.conf !!!

That\'s were WHM gets the accounts from. if it\'s empty look at the backup conf file and replace it. If it\'s the same you have to manually add those accounts to httpd.conf again.

Only twelve accounts so no problem there I suppose.

Good luck.

5. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

try typing /scripts/updateuserdomains in the shell when logged in as root. thats how i update the domains on our server. every since that cpanel update that wiped all the accounts in list accounts out, each new account we get from our online form doesn't get added. the only accounts that are added on the dot are the ones created directly through webhostmanager. its annoying to have to login and type that each time, but at least there is a script to pull them all back to the list accounts area. :(

[Edited on 9/11/01 by Dahlia]