The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accounts on New Partition - Disk Used 0 MB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jethrodesign, Aug 18, 2014.

1. jethrodesign

jethrodesign Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, we recently started using a second drive & partition for new accounts as the current was getting full. The new partition is listed as '/home2'.

But upon transferring new sites over to the server, all of the accounts that ended up on the new partition (any new one will for a while) don't show the correct 'Disk Used' amount. They get reset to 0 MB, then start 'growing' from there.

I read a couple posts and tried the 'Initial Quota Setup', which when going through the process showed that 'home2' hadn't been indexed yet. UNFORTUNATELY, that made the situation worse, and now all accounts are showing small numbers (0-20 MB) and the Quotas have been set to 'Unlimited' regardless of the package.

- How can I safely get all Disk Used to be accurate? It's incorrect in WHM for the Accounts List and in cPanel for each account.

- Any way to quickly change multiple accounts back to the Quota they should be per the package their using?

Thanks! I'm not super-proficient with SSH, so if that must be used please be detailed.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Check to ensure quotas are enabled for the partition. EX:

Code:
    mount
    cat /etc/fstab
    Do you see usrquota enabled for "/home2"? Also, do you notice any error messages when running the "/scripts/fixquotas" command?

Thank you.

3. jethrodesign

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the reply. When I ran 'cat /etc/fstab', for both the root '/' and '/home2' partitions, it listed: usrjquota=quota.user,jqfmt=vfsv0

I'm assuming this means quotas are enabled?!? I believe when I ran the 'Initial Quota Setup', it may have stated that quotas were NOT enabled for '/home2', but it enabled them. Would this be correct?

Then when I ran '/scripts/fixquotas', here's what I got (which looks just like what I saw when running 'Initial Quota Setup', except that /home 2 is configured now):

Installing Default Quota Databases......Done
    journaled quota support: kernel supports, user space tools supports (available)
    checking out /backup
    checking out /backup
    Warning : Your system does not have a separate filesystem for backups. This may cause performance degradation during the backup process.
    / (already configured quotas = 1).
    /tmp (already configured quotas = 0).
    /boot (already configured quotas = 0).
    /home2 (already configured quotas = 1).
    Updating Quota Files......

It's now hung on 'quotacheck: Scanning /dev/root [/]' for about 15-20 min (it also was hung for 30-60 min. on indexing /home2 when I ran IQS last night).

- Should I let it just keep going? How long could this take for all volumes (the root partition is the most full - 130GB)?

Thanks!

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, you should let the process continue so that it calculates the disk space usage. It can sometimes take a couple of hours or more, depending on the usage and your server hardware.

Thank you.

5. jethrodesign

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, it finally finished and seemed to have fixed the issue for both partitions (quotas and disk used). Thanks very much for the help. I'll see if the next account I transfer over picks up the correct data by default.

Here's the rest of the quotacheck log in case it's helpful for anyone:

quotacheck: Scanning /dev/root [/] quotacheck: Cannot stat old user quota file: No such file or directory
    quotacheck: Old group file not found. Usage will not be substracted.
    quotacheck: Checked 683330 directories and 704907 files
    quotacheck: Old file not found.
    quotacheck: Scanning /dev/sdb1 [/home2] done
    quotacheck: Cannot stat old user quota file: No such file or directory
    quotacheck: Old group file not found. Usage will not be substracted.
    quotacheck: Checked 11287 directories and 57305 files
    quotacheck: Old file not found.
    done

Thank you!

6. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

You're very welcome. Thank you for updating this thread with the outcome.