The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACL List Default

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tvcnet, Jun 22, 2004.

1. tvcnet

tvcnet Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi folks.
    Did some searching, but couldn't find a word about settting a default ACL List.

Each time a reseller signs up my guess is that some default settings are set for the reseller, such that I have to log in everytime to change the few settings I don't with resellers to have (change to my saved ACL list).

Is there some file or trick for setting a default ACL list somewhere such that we don't have to log in every time a new reseller account is set?

Thanks,
    Jim
    TVCNet.com

2. DrGreen

DrGreen Active Member

yeah i`m wondering about this aswell

3. tvcnet

tvcnet Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Such a pain. I have to live in the ACL list page every day because of this... and to think I thought cpanel was going to make my life easier and allow me to take a day off once a year...

4. zurca

zurca Member

I sent a support ticket to cpanel.net on october 31st about this feature and they responded the next day:

"The ACL list is a default setting for the resellers and what options they get
    when a reseller is created. You should be able to create one in WHM under
    account functions or the package setting."

So far I can not figure it out and find the way to make this happend.

I emailed them back requesting more especific info on how to da that, but up until now I havent received no answer yet.

Has anyone here has had this same issue, or is it just the 3 of us.

Any advice or trick will be apreciated.

Thanks

5. DrGreen

DrGreen Active Member

"The ACL list is a default setting for the resellers and what options they get
    when a reseller is created. You should be able to create one in WHM under
    account functions or the package setting."

I think he means the normal package/account settings not the ACL/reseller features.

as far as i know its not possible in WHM.

6. mac1981

mac1981 Registered

Apllying the ACL List while creating the account

If You are creating the account via PHP after creating the account You can use the "editressv" script as follows:
    PHP:
    //-------------------------------------- options from the acl page ---------------------------------
    /*
    Please note that Your default ACL list can differ from this one so You have to add or remove some options.

$maxspace    // amount of space for the account [resorce limit]
    $maxtransfer // transfer [resource limit]
    */

$request3 "/scripts2/editressv?resnumlimit=1&resnumlimitamt=$maxaccts&resreslimit=1&rslimit-disk=$maxspace&rsolimit-disk=1&rslimit-bw=$maxtransfer&rsolimit-bw=1&acllist=%28none%29&res=$loginname&acl-edit-pkg=1&acl-create-acct=1&acl-suspend-acct=1&acl-allow-unlimited-pkgs=1&acl-edit-account=1&acl-disallow-shell=1&acl-edit-pkg=1&acl-allow-addoncreate=1&acl-kill-acct=1&acl-upgrade-account=1&acl-create-dns=1&acl-add-pkg=1&acl-allow-parkedcreate=1&acl-kill-dns=1&acl-frontpage=1&acl-mod-subdomains=1&acl-list-accts=1&acl-news=1&acl-park-dns=1&acl-passwd=1&acl-quota=1&acl-show-bandwidth=1&acl-stats=1&acl-status=1&saveacl=&acllistsv=%28none%29&ns1=&ns2=&ns3=&ns4="

//-------------------------------------- over here we are applying it -------------------------------    
    $result3 whmreq($request3,$host,$user,$accesshash,$usessl);

//-------------------------------------- changing the ownership -------------------------------

$request4 "/scripts/dochangeowner?user=$loginname&owner=$loginname"
    $result4 whmreq($request4,$host,"root",$accesshash,$usessl); 
    print_r($result3);
    print_r($result4);

Greetings
    Maciej Perlinski