GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
We just dumped acronis and switch all cPanels to JetBackup. Very flexible with its remote storage options. I would not suggest using NFS though.

Reactions: MindServer

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Definitely don't use anything NFS if it can be avoided - we don't support NFS at all - though some still have found ways to use NFS filesystems it requires some extra configuration and even then behavior can be unpredictable.

As far as that I'm not personally too familiar with Acronis but I personally have used JetBackup prior to our officially supporting it and found it to be extremely well developed and flexible. I've had quite a few people say it's worked fantastically for them as well.

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
And you are really comparing two different things. Acronis is block level / bare metal restore. JetBackup is doing incremental backups via rsync (and full MySQL database dumps). It's similar to cPanel's backup system, with more flexibility on scheduling and retention.

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
And you are really comparing two different things. Acronis is block level / bare metal restore. JetBackup is doing incremental backups via rsync (and full MySQL database dumps). It's similar to cPanel's backup system, with more flexibility on scheduling and retention.
Thank you very much.

Now i'm using Acronis, but i need know if you recommend me use too Jetbackup at same time for do secondary backups.

Or its right use WHM/cPanel default backup system for do secondary backups?.

Have nice day!

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
The question really is, does the cPanel backup fit your needs? If you need backups more than once a day or to a platform that cPanel does not support, then I'd say look at JetBackup. If cPanel fits your needs, why make it more complicated?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Backups 6
S Backups 3
W Backups 4
T Backups 0
Radio_Head Backups 3