The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Activating Domainkeys at Enom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ebizindia, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ebizindia

ebizindia Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If one uses Enom as the domain registrar and Enom's nameservers (I think the original poster does), what settings are required to be made in their DNS to activate domainkeys?

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Friendly Moderator Note

I've separated your post into a new thread to help bring more attention to your request and differentiate it from the original topic of the initial thread.

Original thread: How to enable SPF and DomainKeys by default? - cPanel Forums

Regarding your new inquiry, I would check with your upstream hosting service provider for assistance with configuring DomainKeys. For the best result and ease of use I recommend to consider switching the domain to use your host's DNS so that you may use cPanel to setup the appropriate records directly without involving the domain registrar; using a third-party DNS system adds unnecessary complexity to maintaining DNS records.

3. ebizindia

ebizindia Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks

Thanks! I prefer to use Enom's nameservers because they allow me to change the A records in case the server goes down or faces any performance issues.

Also these 5 nameservers are in different regions geographically.

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    You're welcome. I understand the preference for greater DNS redundancy. Please note that it is possible to setup a DNS cluster between cPanel/WHM servers using WHM's DNS Clustering feature; in addition, standalone DNS servers could be setup using a free cPanel DNS ONLY installation that can then be setup in a cluster to connect to existing cPanel/WHM servers as well as other cPanel DNS ONLY systems. Using this method would offer greater control and direct access to the DNS cluster configuration and DNS zone data. If overall hardware cost is a concern, this can reduced by utilizing cPanel DNS ONLY in a virtualized environment or VPS server; the same system requirements as cPanel/WHM may be referenced for determining a compatible OS and hardware setup.

For additional reference I recommend the following resources:
    Related Server Software - cPanel Inc.
    System Requirements - cPanel Inc.
    Guide to DNS Cluster Configuration