The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add a feature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by webhoster, Oct 21, 2005.

1. webhoster

webhoster Registered

I have a customer who I set up without the ability to have subdomains. Now he wants to add a subdomain. My question: is it possible to add a single feature to a single customer without having to create a new feature list or package? It seems silly to have to create new packages and feature lists every time someone wants a change to what they have.

tia

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    WHM

"modify account"

3. webhoster

webhoster Registered

Modify Account allows me to specifiy how many subdomains a domain is allowed to have but it does not allow me to add SubDomain manager to a domain's cpanel if it's not defined in his WHM package.

It seems to me that the only way I can do that is to define an identical package to the one the customer currently has then add Subdomain manager to it. That's all well and good, but it seems silly to have to do that each and every time I want to add a single feature to a single domain. Doing that becomes cumbersomely outrageous when a person has lots of domains.

My question is: how do I add individual features to a domain's cpanel without defining a different package?

4. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    no way to do what your asking exept the way you are explaining so you have answered your question