The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add ANY user to MySQL

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Eiler, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Eiler

Eiler Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi

I want to add a ANY user to MySQL, which accepts incoming connections from a specific IP address.

I have multiple cPanel servers online, and I want to make one phpmyadmin through which all hosting accounts can access their databases. To achieve this, the individual cpanel mysql servers must accept connections to any user from the ip of the server hosting the phpmyadmin.

So - I tried WHM -> phpmyadmin, but I don't have permissions to add new users. Anyone knows how to add a ANY user that allows connections from a specific IP?

Thanks.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To clarify, you want to allow all users to access PhpMyAdmin on this one remote machine rather than adding one user on each machine who can access that IP? Since the way you've phrased it, it sounds like you want all databases to connect to this remote PhpMyAdmin connection.

Is there a reason you don't simply have a remote MySQL machine setup with PhpMyAdmin on it and all of the servers clustered to that remote MySQL server? If you did that in WHM > Setup Remote MySQL server, then all your servers would connect to that remote MySQL server and any connections to or from it would be allowed.