The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add Calendar Functionality to Cpanel Mail Server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tharun Sonti, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Tharun Sonti

Tharun Sonti Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We're using Cpanel to host a website and a mail server and we want to add group/shared calendar functionality?

To access our email accounts some of us are using Outlook and some people are probably using iMail or whatever mac people use. And I was asked to see if we could add calendar functionality. The way it was described was so that e.g. when a person added their email account to their iphone then it should also come with a calendar.. Or like how gmail has calendars that come with it.

I know very little about web programming /website /mail management stuff so not sure how the calendar + mail integration and stuff even works.. Looking into something called CalDAV at the moment..? Am I on the right track?

Is there easy to use/install calendar software out there that you can just put on a cpanel server? Can any of the calendars on the following site be run of a Cpanel server?

/http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/402382-the-five-best-open-source-calendar-servers-for-linux

I'm also looking at Google Calendar as well and Google apps? But google calendar requires other users to have a google account which defeats the point of having a calendar for our domain anyway?

I thought I'd ask here in the hope that some of you who run websites or manage web and mail servers for student groups/companies.etc. would explain how this stuff works /help /point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help! :) It's much appreciated! :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator