edlafferty

Registered
Jan 23, 2020
New York, NY
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Before I begin, let me say that I am new to cPanel. We do not host through another cPanel provider. We purchased cPanel ourselves to host our website.

I would like to add some alaises to my cPanel account and have them point to the current domain that I am running. The new domain names are already registered and pointing to the same IP address as that of my main cPanel hosted site. When I try to add the alias I get the following error:

There was an error when the system attempted to create the alias. Park::park failed: (XID yu7ba8) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I am not running my own nameservers. I use Google's nameservers. All my domains are already in Googles DNS, using the same nameservers. I looked and I do not have a /etc/ips.remotedns file. Do I need one? My currently hosted cPanel site works fine.

What do I need to do to add the aliases to my account?

Thanks,
Ed.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

Toggling the following should resolve this:

Go to WHM>>Server Configuration>>Tweak Settings and enable Allow remote Domains

You could bypass enabling that setting by going to WHM>>IP Functions>>Configure Remote Service IP's and adding the IP's of the Name Server's you're using for the domain. This would input the IP into the /etc/ips.remotedns file and all for you to add addon or alias domains that are using those nameservers.

The documentation on the settings in Tweak Settings I noted are located here: Tweak Settings | cPanel & WHM Documentation
and
The documentation on Configure remote Service IP's is here: Configure Remote Service IPs | cPanel & WHM Documentation