The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timpos, May 16, 2011.

1. timpos

timpos Member

Hi,
    I have 3 domains.
    Domain1.com is the account for my cPanel.
    I got several subdomains to my domain1.com.
    Now i would like to add two more sites to my cPanel account. Domain2.com & domain3.com.
    I also need to be able to create subdomain for these sites just as im doing with domain1.com today.
    The domain2.com & domain3.com i have already added via WHM panel and they are avalible in my cPanel account for domain1.com as "Parked domains".
    Will this work or would i have to create totally separate cPanel accounts for each domain?
    Very grateful for any help i can get on this.

Thank you in advance.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest removing the two additional domains as Parked domains. You can then add them as "Addon Domains" within the cPanel of the account:

Addon Domains

When you add a domain name as an Addon domain, it automatically creates a subdomain for you.

Thank you.

3. timpos

timpos Member

Well i have tried this, turns out with the same results everytime. Please see attachments.
    Screen shot 2011-05-17 at 11.22.47 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-17 at 11.15.13 AM.png

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The error message displayed in your second screenshot indicates the account is not allowed more than 0 Addon domains. You can increase the number of Addon domains permitted for that account via:

"WHM >> Account Functions >> Modify an Account"

OR; you can increase the number of Addon domains permitted on the package assigned to that account via:

"WHM >> Packages >> Edit a Package"

Thank you.

5. timpos

timpos Member

Thank you! Your a champ!
    I now have deleted the domain2.com & domain3.com as parked domains and trying to add them as addon domains witch my account now allows me to have 10 of. But when im trying to add the domains now i get a new error message. Please see attachment.

Attached Files:

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That error message indicates the Addon domain is using name servers with IP addresses that are not added to the server. You can update the name servers for these domain names, or you can add the remote name server IP addresses via:

"WHM >> IP Functions >> Configure Remote Service IPs"

To note, this stems from the following option being set to "Off" in "WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings" under the "Domains" tab:

"Allow Remote Domains"

Thank you.

7. timpos

timpos Member

Just to clarify here, im renting a dedicated server from heartinternet.co.uk. All 3 domains are with HeartsInternet.
    My dedicated ip address is 95.131.70.193 with is the A record for domain1.com.
    My nameservers for all 3 domains is:
    ns.mainnameserver.com.
    ns2.mainnameserver.com.

I tried adding my dedicated IP to "WHM >> IP Functions >> Configure Remote Service IPs" but get the same error message when trying to add my domain2.com & domain3.com to add-on domains in cPanel. ("Allow Remote Domains" are set to Off)
    What am im missing here? Thank you for your help, truly appreciated!

8. timpos

timpos Member

I went in to Main >> DNS Functions >> Add a DNS Zone and added domain2.com with the domain1.com as the owner.
    Now when im trying to add it to cPanel Add-on Domain i get a new error message. (Please see attachment) domain2.com isnt showing up anywhere in the cPanel!?
    How can something that is supposed to be so simple be so hard!?

Attached Files:

#8 timpos, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  9. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    By adding the domain in Add a DNS Zone area, you won't be able to add the domain to the account. Remove the domain in WHM > Delete a DNS Zone area, then go to WHM > Tweak Settings and enable this option:

Allow Remote Domains

At that point, then add the domain to the account. The process you've taken wasn't what was recommended previously, so that's why it didn't work. Adding the domain's DNS zone before it was added in cPanel would simply result it a different error, since then the domain already exists. The method to allow it to add was to add the Tweak Setting that will let a remote domain exist.