The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add New Site to cPanel from GoDaddy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tyler1242341251, Jan 12, 2016.

1. tyler1242341251

tyler1242341251 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I made a website on godaddy. I also purchased a cpanel subscription for one year. I can't seem add my website to cpanel. What the hell am I supposed to do? I have an active website that I want to use, and I want to use the cpanel tools on it.

Im new to website building, and I have a website, - Removed - , that part is fine. I just cant seem to add it to my cpanel. What do I do?

#1 tyler1242341251, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
  2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :),

Can you please let me know where are you trying to add our site and what exact error your getting ?

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you only have one domain (e.g. example.com), that domain should already exist on your account. If your existing website is simply a collection of files, meaning it is not using an application like wordpress, drupal, or phpBB, then you need to copy your website files to the public_html directory on your cPanel account. The copy can be done using tools like webdisk (WebDAV), FTP, or the file manager within cPanel.

If you have multiple domains, each with their own website, then you need to first add the domain to your cPanel account using the Addon Domains interface.

If your website is built using something like wordpress, drupal, or phpBB, it gets a bit more complicated. You could install a fresh copy of the application on your cPanel account, then transfer the application data and configuration. Or you could backup the application and restore it to your cPanel account. These options tend to be a bit more involved. If you are using an application as the foundation of your website you might be best serve by googling '<application name> transfer to cPanel account' or something similar.