The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add on Domain only works as a subdomain.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icebreaker, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Member

Hi,

I've just had to switch hosts. I had to run through the cpanel wizard this time around, the last host set everything up for me pretty much..

Now I suspect I know the cause of the problem, but having limited knowledge, I have no idea how to fix it.

My box has 2 IP's. x.x.x.140 and x.x.x.141

The wizard for some reason grabbed .141 as the primary dns and .140 as the secondary, I accidently saved set up, and later changed it, but i've noticed when adding n addon domain I see either the .141 as the only DNS server mentioned or both IP's mentioned but with .141 listed first.. Therefore I assume the DNS isn't being configured correctly, causing the problem.

Addon Domain Maintenance

Addon Domain Additions

Bind reloading on enterprise using rndc zone: [melbhosting.com.au] The subdomain, cpanel.melbhosting.com.au has been added.

Using nameservers with the following IPs: 204.92.120.141,204.92.120.140
    Notifcation => dvella@hotkey.net.au via EMAIL [level => 3] Bind reconfiguring on enterprise using rndc
    Created DNS entry for cpanelhosting.com.au

Setup Mail forward cpanelhosting.com.au -> cpanel.melbhosting.com.au
    Setup cpanelhosting.com.au OK
    Adding httpd.conf entry for cpanelhosting.com.au to point to cpanel.melbhosting.com.au
    Syncing Ftp Databases....Done

cpanelhosting.com.au has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain cpanel.melbhosting.com.au. FTP access has been granted with the user name cpanel@melbhosting.com.au and the password xxxxx.

Am I on the right track or way off? And what do I have to do to rectify the issue?

hopefully someone can offer some ideas or assistance.

Thanks guys,

Dan