The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

add-on domain problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rsaylor, Jun 9, 2003.

1. rsaylor

rsaylor Well-Known Member

Hi, a customer on a server I manage is having problems creating add-on domains.

When he creates the add-on domain everything looks ok. No error messages, and the only message is stating it was created.

Now, if you go back to the add-on domain setup the list of installed add-on domains is 0. However, the sub domain for the add-on domain was created. I don't think it is parking it like it should be or am I mistaken here?

Also, I have verified this on another server. Same problem.

Maybe I am creating add-on domains incorrectly. Is anybody else having this simular problem? I opened a ticket this morning with cPanel.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. davidmxs

davidmxs Member

The option of "Addon-Domains" may be restricted to only domains that point to your server.

Domains that you want to add must resolve to your servers (they have to point to your dns's) before they are added.

3. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

Is this a setting that can be disabled, e.g. by root?

What if the domain is currently hosted elsewhere and I want to set it up before moving it over to this server? Or what if the domain has not yet been registered or still propagating? :confused:

Thanks for your response ;)

4. Mindlash

Mindlash Well-Known Member

Any luck with this...

This is exactly what problem I am having..

I'm trying to transfer from cPanel to cPanel, and non of the addon domains are being created (but the subdomains are)...

Is this somethign I can 're-run' and have all the addon domains created properly? or is this a by-hand job?

Anyone please?

Thanks

5. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

Create a file called /etc/ips.remotedns. Inside that file put the host IP address for the machine that has the addon domain's nameservers. In your case this would probably be the server you are transferring the accounts from. Then try recreating the addon domain.

For the other poblems, check out the tweaks for addon and parked domains in Tweak Settings in WHM.

#5 goodmove, Sep 5, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  6. Curious Too

Curious Too Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel does not re-create the addon domains during an account transfer, you have to manually add them yourself. What I usually do after a move is login to the cpanel for the account and re-add the addon domains.

7. justhost

justhost Well-Known Member

Have you resolved this issue? I am having exactly the same problem with my clients.

Please let me know if you figured out. All of the domains I am trying to add do resolve to my nameservers. I am stumped.

Thanks

8. whitey

whitey Member

This is the question that never gets answered.

I have this problem all over cpanel, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I have two domains right now pointing to the main acoount domain, having all sorts of problems adding them to the add on domain. The registration dns has nothing to do with it as the domains are now resolving to my server, I just cannot add them with the add on domain feature. It creates a subdomain but not a domain..

Ugghhh. I have serched this forum to death and there are tons of threads on this, but the question never gets answered.

Can someone from cpanel give us some guidance?