The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on domain process

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickn, Jul 16, 2003.

1. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

Has anyone noticed the add-on domain process (to add them) being flakey after the latest release? With more than one domain I have complaints that the add-on domains aren't returning any output after telling them to add, I have checked this and can verify this, it seems to work if you click refresh a few times, however on the first time it doesn't work, when it does work, I get this response :

Addon Domain Addition
    Sorry, you have exceeded the maximum allowed ftp accounts.
    Domain already exists, it was not added.
    You do not have access to park on top of Peaces.olivetreesfp.com

*** has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain *** . Ftp access has been granted with the username *** and the password *** .

--

My impression of this is it is adding the domain and just telling me i can't add a ftp account, however, an ftp account gets added, but the add-on domain is added, the directory is most of the time added, yet it's not listed as a add-on domain nor does it work.

Any ideas?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

Nick,
    This may sound like a stupid question, but when you set up your packages, are you allowing enough FTP accounts for that account?

If you have an account that has 10 add-ons, it will require at least 11 FTP accounts, 10 Add-on Domains, and 10 Sub-Domains (the extra FTP account is for the main hosting account).

Do you have that set up correctly in your WHM?

3. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi..

We don't allocate 1 FTP account per add-on domain typically...as even if they don't have a FTP account it will still add the domain.

However, I have discovered the issue, it seems like cpanel didn't complete the adding of the add-on domain process and created the subdomain but not did the conf work (httpd.conf, etc.) this caused cpanel to error out without actually saying the reason (reason being that we needed to delete the subdomain)

This was my stupidity, I checked the FTP accounts, removed the domain from the nameservers and dns zones and all, however didn't think to check the subdomains, all's well now :)

Anyone else notice however how when you remove a DNS zone in WHM it *never* gives the results? It lists a blank results page? this has happened as long as I can remember, not too bad but still...

4. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Addon Domain Maintenance

Addon Domain Addition

The subdomain, peacesa.olivetreesfp.com has been added.

You do not have access to park on top of Peacesa.olivetreesfp.com

peacesalaamshalom.com has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain Peacesa.olivetreesfp.com . Ftp access has been granted with the username Peacesa and the password password .