The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on domains re-created as stand-alone domains are recording bandwidth usage twice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Noogi, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Noogi

Noogi Registered

I bought a reseller account with a hosting provider and am having trouble removing add-on domains completely. Originally I established an add-on domain under an existing website. When I looked at "View Bandwidth Usage" it showed something like (for example):

mywebsite.com [+] - 400 Meg total
    * mywebsite.com - 100 Meg
    * problem_domain.com - 300 Meg

Total Bandwidth = 400 Meg

A few months later, I deleted the add-on domain BUT re-created it as a NEW account. Now, when I look at my bandwidth usage I get:

problem_domain.com - 300 Meg
    mywebsite.com [+] - 400 Meg total
    * problem_domain.com (deleted) - 300 Meg
    mywebsite.com - 100 Meg

Total Bandwidth = 700 Meg

That is, it's recording bandwidth for "problem_domain.com" TWICE. I deleted the add-on domain several months ago and it's becoming a real problem as it's a large domain using up a lot of bandwidth.

Furthermore, I deliberately re-created it as a stand-alone account in order to manage the bandwidth it uses but now, if I reduce the bandwidth allocation to mywebsite.com to shut if off after a certain limit, it disables myotherwebsite.com as well.

You can see it more clearly in this screenshot (domain names changed):
    [​IMG]

As you can see, problem_domain.com is being included twice. I've raised this issue with my hosting provider but they are stumped.

#1 Noogi, Jan 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  2. Noogi

Noogi Registered

Anyone, anyone at all?

3. aeroweb

aeroweb Well-Known Member

I don't know if this will help, or even if you will have access to try this since you have a reseller account, but we found a similar issue a few months ago when we deleted an add-on domain in the cpanel interface but the domain was still lingering in one of the config files.

To fix it, we just deleted the add-on domain from /etc/localdomains and we ran /scripts/updateuserdomains.

That fixed the problem for us anyways.

Hope this helps.