The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on domains without extra FTP user?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike N, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Mike N

Mike N Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Good afternoon.

My host allows me to create an extra 10 add-on domains, but only allows me to create 5 additional FTP user accounts.

During the creation of a new add-on domain, I seem to have no choice but to create a new FTP user (newdomain@olddomain.com) for that add-on domain. I don't need to create a new ftp user, as I will be maintaining the domains myself, and can do so with my root account. However, I am running into an issue with the lower FTP account limit stopping me from creating new add-on domains.

Is there a way to tell cPanel to not create a new FTP user account for each new add-on domain?

My host runs:
    "cPanel 11.24.4-R35075 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
    FREEBSD 6.2 i386 standard on vhost1"

Thanks for your help!
    ~~Mike

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I am not aware of a way to bypass creation of an FTP account with new add-on domains; however, FTP accounts associated with an add-on domain may be removed without affecting the add-on domain.

There is a related feature request that I believe may solve the issue; I recommend sharing your comments and suggestions in the following feature request thread: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=147085

3. Mike N

Mike N Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for the response and thank you for the information regarding my issue. :) I will see about posting my thoughts in that feature request thread.