The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

add on domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glchandler, Aug 22, 2009.

1. glchandler

glchandler Registered

I have cpanel usage with unlimited domains, however limited to 5 subdomains. Each added domain automatically creates subdomain which soon overloaded the subdomain folder.

The host says to ignore the subdomain line when adding domain and get about business, however cpanel will not allow this. He says I am only one having this problem and cannot understand difficulty.

I spoke with hostgator where I have unlimited domain/subdomain and they state there is no way to override the subdomain creatiion?

If I made sense here I need a method to create addon domain without creating sub ...can someone help?

thanks

2. Kailash1

Kailash1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There is no direct option available in cPanel. Since you are one of the end user, you do not have any option to disable creating subdomain while adding addon. I suggest you to contact your hosting provider to create addon without sub-domain.

3. InstaCarma_Tech

InstaCarma_Tech Well-Known Member

As Kailash1 said, you will have to talk to your host regarding this. By default, add-on domains are used to point to sub-folders of your main site. Hence, it will create a sub-domain automatically. It does not make sense to me why your host is limiting the number of sub-domains when they are already providing you unlimited add-ons.